BONUS: Your participation in the Empower Up is an invitation to be a part of the Down Home family. You will be invited to our Christmas event + partake in our community partnership opportunities.
In collaboration with Upstream Growth Consultants, Empower Up provides cognitive behavioral and emotional intelligence training that guides participants through a process that empowers them take control of their lives, relationships, and state-of-mind; today and every day. This transformative process teaches them to identify the thoughts and behaviors that have led to negative outcomes and how to develop new thinking habits that will create positive ones.
To fulfill our mission of creating a nurturing and stable home, Empower Up provides participants tools to:
· Clearly see how current thinking affects their lives
· Control how they think and feel and behave
& influence the outcomes in their lives.
· Communicate effectively
· Prevent others from pushing their buttons
· Become assertive
· Manage emotions such as anger, stress, anxiety
· Break generational cycles and overcome trauma
· Improve relationships in their lives
· Become more self-aware, self-disciplined
& other aware
· Increase emotional intelligence
· Live life. Not survive it.
Successful completion of all SIX hours is required to receive furnishings & decor. Since Empower Up is completely funded by Down Home, DH reserves the right to determine AND/OR adjust program details and use of resources.
DH isn’t responsible for unsuccessful completion of Empower Up training sessions thus the forfeiting of furnishings & decor.
1. Committed to attending 6 hours of empowerment skills training
2. Experienced homelessness
3. Currently have housing OR you will attain housing within 3 months of completing the training
4. Experienced barriers to being able to furnish your home (ie: lack of finances, family support system)
5. Have transportation to attend ALL sessions which will take place at DH
6. Committed to completing a Pay It Forward plan
You must have your own transportation to training.
Childcare is not available.
Down Home isn’t responsible for unsuccessful completion of Empower Up thus the forfeiting of furnishings & decor.
“The Down Home Empower Up program changed my life with helping me start over in life and find a better frame of mind. Down Home helped me with things I didn’t have when I lost everything and had to start all over. I will never forget the Down Home experience. I am proud to call Down Home family.” - Wendy, Empower Up Program Summer 2018